Raw Chocolate (Cacao) Protein balls
- 100-150g’s of dates-deseeded & chopped. Can add stevia or RAW honey to make sweeter.
- 125g’s of Mayan Super food RAW Cacao Powder. High in anti-oxidants & low in sugar (healthy food store)
- 150g’s of coconut oil – preferably Aclara (healthy food store)
- 150g’s of Organic Butter – RAW or Paris Creek (health food store)
- 100-150g’s of Desiccated Coconut
- 2 whole RAW Organic eggs
- Optional – 1” chopped fresh ginger, u can’t taste it & is good for inflammation
- 1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon
- 200g”s of Almonds or Pecans (pre soaked to aid in digestion)
- 50g’s of mixed seeds (pre soaked also)
On the stove on a very low heat slowly melt down organic butter & coconut oil, take off heat & add cacao powder & mix through.
Add everything to the food processor except for the nuts & seeds & mix through.
Once mixed through add nuts & seeds & mix for a further 15 seconds in the food processor. Making sure to leave the nuts fairly chunky.
Place container in the fridge for approx 1 hour to harden (set)
Take out of fridge & wait until soft enough to scoop out easily approx 1 & 1/2 tablespoons into your hand & roll into a ball (this is the messy bit)
Below is a list of the steps involved in making margarine. Is it as good for us as some so-called experts tell us on the TV & advertisements?
I don’t think so.. i wouldn’t eat it if you paid me.
HOW IS MARGARINE MADE?
Ever wonder how margarine is made? Many people probably know it is made by a process called hydrogenation. But few are aware of the details of what goes on during hydrogenation.
Here is a step-by-step description of the hydrogenation process.
How is margarine made: Step 1
The Media really does cloud us with different ideas as to what is healthy & what is not. Big food co-operations just have one goal, increasing their bottom line. Cost cutting on the production line at our health’s expensive.! I have touched on the importance of getting your food from the right source in other blogs…locally organically grown meat & Poultry should also be PASTURE FED ! meaning free to roam & eat grass, worm’s & whatever else falls into the animals natural instinct. Alot of the time these days animals are just fed grain’s, corn, Antibiotics/Growth hormone & other things too disgusting to mention with the most important thing for the farmer being his bottom line, these cheaper feeds fatten the animals up a lot quicker but at what expense?