Breakfast is the most important meal to get right if you want to feel & look good!
1. Must have protein
Red meat is best at breakfast time because it helps raise neuro-transmitters dopamine & acetylcholine in the brain which increases drive for training, mood & commitment.
Rotating meat sources is also clever, other meat sources could be…
Meat for breakfast you say???
1. If you are normally a tea, toast & cereal for breakfast type of person, the thought of meat in the morning is a big change & big changes make for big changes with how you look so don’t knock it until you try it.
Start with 50 grams & get used to eating it early in the day, you will soon feel the positive affect & start craving it.
Meats thermo-genic effect on the digestive system speeds up the metabolism five times faster than anything else you can eat.
When you wake up in the morning after not eating for twelve+ hours your metabolism is at a standstill – protein gets it moving & breaks-the-fast!
2. Breakfast must have a fat source preferably nuts but coconut oil, butter/ghee, olive oil, avocado are all a good place to start.
3. With your protein also have two servings of low GI vegetables.
The link below is a list of the GI index
4. Breakfast should 100% be your healthiest & biggest meal of the day.
5. Eat within 45 minutes of being awake.
6. Drink two big glasses of water upon rising 20 minutes before you eat
Every single client no matter how much they are against the idea of eating this way for breakfast reports increased energy production, mental clarity, better appetite control (very important for fat loss) & reduced cravings throughout the day.
THIS APPROACH REALLY IS NOTHING NEW – WE HAVE EATEN OFF THE LAND THIS WAY FOR MILLIONS OF YEARS, WELL UNTIL THE INVENTION OF CEREAL ANYWAY..YUCK!
1. Do not eat “any sugar” at breakfast (including fruit) as a general rule for FAT LOSS
In my experience a lot of people that decide to start being healthy & want to lose weight end up with a bowl of fruit salad & yogurt for breakfast, yes it might be a healthier option than what you are currently eating but far from ideal at breakfast for FAT LOSS.
Fat Loss is about managing blood sugars.
Sugar to avoid at breakfast would include
Most fruit except things like berries (LOW GI)
HIGH GI vegetables like potatoes & root vegetables
Honey, dried fruit & anything else you can think of that is sweet.
2. Do not drink coffee on an empty stomach
3. Do not skip breakfast.
4. Do not eat on the run, start the day slow & chew your food.
5. Most people have there healthiest meal at night before they go to sleep, that is backwards in my opinion.
If this helped you please forward it on to family & friends.
Sharing is caring!
If you have a question more specific to your own breakfast send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org & ask away!
I am here to help & i reply to each & everyone of the emails i receive.