Raw Chocolate (Cacao) Protein balls
- 100-150g’s of dates-deseeded & chopped. Can add stevia or RAW honey to make sweeter.
- 125g’s of Mayan Super food RAW Cacao Powder. High in anti-oxidants & low in sugar (healthy food store)
- 150g’s of coconut oil – preferably Aclara (healthy food store)
- 150g’s of Organic Butter – RAW or Paris Creek (health food store)
- 100-150g’s of Desiccated Coconut
- 2 whole RAW Organic eggs
- Optional – 1” chopped fresh ginger, u can’t taste it & is good for inflammation
- 1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon
- 200g”s of Almonds or Pecans (pre soaked to aid in digestion)
- 50g’s of mixed seeds (pre soaked also)
On the stove on a very low heat slowly melt down organic butter & coconut oil, take off heat & add cacao powder & mix through.
Add everything to the food processor except for the nuts & seeds & mix through.
Once mixed through add nuts & seeds & mix for a further 15 seconds in the food processor. Making sure to leave the nuts fairly chunky.
Place container in the fridge for approx 1 hour to harden (set)
Take out of fridge & wait until soft enough to scoop out easily approx 1 & 1/2 tablespoons into your hand & roll into a ball (this is the messy bit)
Once rolled into a ball roll in more decicated coconut or finely chopped nuts
Store in the freezer
Take out & allow to completely soften before eating
The balls are very nutrient dense so perfect for a pre-workout snack & completely guilt free
The Cacao powder does have some caffiene in it so i would keep them for the AM.
I ALSO HAVE A “FREE GUIDE TO FAT LOSS” THAT CAN BE DOWNLOADED ON THE HOME PAGE
IF YOU FOUND THIS BLOG HELPFUL IN ANYWAY PLEASE SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS
KEEP MOVING & HAVING FUN!