I love being able to eat guilt free treats that taste great, satisfy my sweet tooth & provide plenty of healthy nutrition & lots of energy!
3 Dates ,pits removed
1 1/2 cups of Walnuts or pecans (soak)
1/2 cup of macadamia nuts (soak)
2-3 Tablespoons of coconut oil or butter
1 pinch of Celtic Sea Salt
2/3 cup of blueberries
1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut or sesame seeds
Melt coconut oil or butter & mix all ingredients in a blender except shredded coconut, once mixed take out of blender & role into balls then role the balls in the shredded coconut.
Raw Chocolate (Cacao) Protein balls
- 100-150g’s of dates-deseeded & chopped. Can add stevia or RAW honey to make sweeter.
- 125g’s of Mayan Super food RAW Cacao Powder. High in anti-oxidants & low in sugar (healthy food store)
- 150g’s of coconut oil – preferably Aclara (healthy food store)
- 150g’s of Organic Butter – RAW or Paris Creek (health food store)
- 100-150g’s of Desiccated Coconut
- 2 whole RAW Organic eggs
- Optional – 1” chopped fresh ginger, u can’t taste it & is good for inflammation
- 1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon
- 200g”s of Almonds or Pecans (pre soaked to aid in digestion)
- 50g’s of mixed seeds (pre soaked also)
On the stove on a very low heat slowly melt down organic butter & coconut oil, take off heat & add cacao powder & mix through.
Add everything to the food processor except for the nuts & seeds & mix through.
Once mixed through add nuts & seeds & mix for a further 15 seconds in the food processor. Making sure to leave the nuts fairly chunky.
Place container in the fridge for approx 1 hour to harden (set)
Take out of fridge & wait until soft enough to scoop out easily approx 1 & 1/2 tablespoons into your hand & roll into a ball (this is the messy bit)